Daily Announcements - March 24, 2022
Menu: Taco Salad Friday Menu: Soup & Sandwich
RICHLAND #44 FITNESS CENTER: The fitness center will be closed from 3:45pm-4:45pm on Wednesdays for the next several weeks. It is reserved for track practice during this time.
PTO Fun Night is back! This Friday at the high school. 5:00 pm community dinner, face painting and petting zoo. 6:00 – 8:00 pm games and concessions. Enjoy your favorite games and some you’ve never seen before! Dinner meal is your choice of a locally raised smoked chicken sandwich or slice of cheese pizza, along with mixed greens salad, chips, homemade bar and lemonade for $10. Invite family, friends and neighbors!
*PTO Note: Cake-walk Treats Requested: Elementary families and anyone else willing to help out – Please bring a treat(s) to share as a prize at the cake-walk this Friday at PTO Fun Night. Examples include cakes, cookies, bars, cupcakes (please package in smaller portions like half-dozen depending on size). You can bring it to Fun Night and drop it off at the stage when you arrive. Thank you!
*High School Students: Please help out Friday night at Fun Night and earn some volunteer hours at the same time! There are 12 student slots left to fill, so if you haven’t signed up yet, please put your name down for one or two shifts today. Talk to a teacher or Sarah to sign up. Thank you to those who have already volunteered! We can’t pull this off without your help so thank you so much for pitching in!
Seniors: Please turn in Senior pictures to Kendra. Pictures for Yearbook, Graduation, Daily News, and Wall Composite are needed. Baby picture for senior video and any fun/candid pictures for the video can also be turned in. Jump drive of digital photos would be preferred, but pictures can be emailed as well Kendra.L.Dockter@k12.nd.us. Pictures for video should be turned in by April 22.
- School Board Meeting – April 13 @ 5:30 pm
- PTO Meeting – April 20th @ 7:00 pm via Zoom: Meeting ID: 511 463 1558 Passcode: 44COLTS44
5th/6th Grade BBB: Upcoming Games: Monday, March 28th vs FCT, 4:30 pm in the HS Old Gym
5th/6th Grade VB: Upcoming Game: Thursday, March 24th @ Oak Grove, 4:45 pm. **6th Grade
Spring Trap League: First practice is Tuesday, March 29th location to be determined. Watch Remind for updates (remind code: @clay44)
*North Dakota Honor Society: Students in grades 10-12 who are eligible to apply to ND Honor Society have received letters inviting them to apply. If interested in applying, see Mrs. Heyen for applications and teacher recommendation forms. Applications and forms are due March 30. Turn in completed applications to Mrs. Heyen.
- The annual Richland 44 FFA banquet is April 1st at 6:30. Please RSVP to email@example.com contact me if you have questions.
- The FFA spring plant sale is just around the corner. Please email Mr. Boehm if you need an order form.
Dollars For Scholars:
- Richland Dollars for Scholars Bunko is back!! Bunko will be held on April 2, 2022, at the Abercrombie community center starting at 6:00 pm. Must be 21 and register to attend. Please contact Tammy Miller at 701-741-4355 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org register, you can pay by venmo or check, $15 per person, please remember this is a fundraiser for scholarships and if you sign up, you are agreeing to pay.
- Dollars for Scholars is holding a Bowties and Tiaras Dance on May 1, 2022, from 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm in the High School Gymnasium!! Boys and Girls ages 4 to 12 can attend. Boys bring a mom, grandma or other special lady in your life and girls bring your dads, grandpa or that special guy! Watch for signups to come out soon! There will be a snack, games, and of course dancing to enjoy for the afternoon!!
*We are currently looking for an activity driver to softball practice for our Kindred Coop players. Pay would be a $12 trip payment + $9.00/hour from departure to return (roughly $40 per practice day and $20 per game day). Schedule will vary, but primarily school day afternoons (3-6 on practice days, game days may very on time), with some mornings also. Car will be provided. If interested, please call the office at 701-372-3713 – Starts ASAP.
*Substitute Teachers – $120/day plus School Lunch. ND substitute teaching licenses require: 48 hours of college coursework (degree not required), Background check, and Online application. If interested, contact either of our offices. Elementary – 701-553-8321 High School – 701-372-3713.
*Cod For God Fish Fry – Saturday, April 2nd from 4:00 – 7:00 pm @ Colfax Community Center. Cod Filet, Baked Potato, Baked Beans, Cole Slaw, Beverage & Dessert. Cost: Adults – $15, Children 6-12 $5 and Kids 5 and under FREE.