Daily Announcements - March 17, 2022
Menu: Sub Sandwich
Prom Signup is in the main office. Please sign up by March 18th
Coffee With Kids – Friday, March 18, 8:45-9:15 am Richland Elementary School
We are currently looking for an activity driver to softball practice for our Kindred Coop players. Pay would be a $12 trip payment + $9.00/hour from departure to return (roughly $40 per practice day and $20 per game day). Schedule will vary, but primarily school day afternoons (3-6 on practice days, game days may very on time), with some mornings also. Car will be provided. If interested, please call the office at 701-372-3713 – Starts ASAP.
We are looking for a sub for our after-school program (ASP) from the end of April to the end of May. Times are 3-6pm on school days. Please contact Principal Schmitz at the elementary school for more information.
Route Bus Driver – Routes run each morning and afternoon on school days. Class B license with school bus and passenger endorsements are needed. Call the district office at 701-372-3713 for more details. Apply online:
Substitutes for Kitchen Staff Needed!! – We are currently looking for Cook subs! If interested, please contact either school office for more details. Pay is $12/hour.
Substitute Teachers – $120/day plus School Lunch. ND substitute teaching licenses require: 48 hours of college coursework (degree not required), Background check, and Online application. If interested, contact either of our offices. Elementary – 701-553-8321 High School – 701-372-3713.
Route Subs – $70/day or $35/route. Activity driving $14/hour. Requirements; Class B License with school bus endorsement; background check and finger printing; physical completed every 2 years; random drug/alcohol testing. Apply here
School Board Meeting – Wednesday, April 13th @ 5:30 pm
PTO Meeting – Wednesday, April 20th at 7:00 pm via Zoom: Meeting ID: 511 463 1558 Passcode: 44COLTS44
5th/6th Grade BBB: Upcoming Games: Tuesday, March 22nd @ Wyndmere, 4:00 pm
5th/6th Grade VB: Upcoming Game: Tuesday, March 22nd vs Oak Grove, 4:00 pm **5th Grade
Thursday, March 24th @ Oak Grove, 4:45 pm. **6th Grade
Spring Trap League: Registration is now open and closes March 21 at Noon for 6th – 12th Grade. (Must have Hunter’s Safety Education completed prior to registration closing). League is 9 weeks starting at the end of March with the State Tournament in June. If you are interested in registering or have any additional questions, contact: Alexis Peltier – 701.866.2342 or firstname.lastname@example.org; DeeAnn Gorder – 701.640.3965 or email@example.com; or Remind App Code: @clay44
Class Pictures: Scherlings will be out the morning of Friday, March 18th for class pictures. This includes senior class picture.
Elementary group pictures: Scherlings will be taking Team pictures for both elementary boys basketball and girls volleyball as well as elementary BAND pictures on Friday, March 18. Order forms for team pictures will be sent home from practice.
Seniors: Please turn in Senior pictures to Kendra. Pictures for Yearbook, Graduation, Daily News, and Wall Composite are needed. Baby picture for senior video and any fun/candid pictures for the video can also be turned in. Jump drive of digital photos would be preferred, but pictures can be emailed as well Kendra.L.Dockter@k12.nd.us Please have Senior pictures turned in by March 11. Pictures for video should be turned in by April 22.
PTO: 3 Fun Night prize boards on sale now! Just over two weeks until winners are announced at Fun Night on March 25th (need not be present to win)! Check out the prizes here!
- Summer Fun Board: Paddle Board (inflatable) & Solo Stove; donated by Galchutt Seed & SI Contracting-Paul & Emilie Ihland; $10/square
- TV Quilt Board: Donated and made by Karen Krump; $3/square
- Power Pack Board: Battery charging station donated by Red River Communications; $3/square
All proceeds will go to Richland #44 PTO; Contact/text Jen Erdahl to purchase your square; 701-899-1957!
- Congratulations to Emma Heyen and Kiersten Boehm who each received a ND FFA Foundation scholarship of $1000.
- The annual Richland 44 FFA banquet is April 1st at 6:30. Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org contact me if you have questions.
- The FFA spring plant sale is just around the corner. Please email Mr. Boehm if you need an order form.
Dollars For Scholars:
- Richland Dollars for Scholars Bunko is back!! Bunko will be held on April 2, 2022, at the Abercrombie community center starting at 6:00 pm. Must be 21 and register to attend. Please contact Tammy Miller at 701-741-4355 or email to email@example.com register, you can pay by venmo or check, $15 per person, please remember this is a fundraiser for scholarships and if you sign up, you are agreeing to pay.
- Seniors: Reminder that the deadline for Richland Dollars for Scholars Scholarships ends on March 18, make sure you have time to get everything BEFORE that date! If you have questions, contact Tammy Miller.
- Dollars for Scholars is holding a Bowties and Tiaras Dance on May 1, 2022, from 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm in the High School Gymnasium!! Boys and Girls ages 4 to 12 can attend. Boys bring a mom, grandma or other special lady in your life and girls bring your dads, grandpa or that special guy! Watch for sign ups to come out soon! There will be a snack, games, and of course dancing to enjoy for the afternoon!!
Next Yearbook meeting: during Flex on March 23.
North Dakota Honor Society: Students in grades 10-12 who are eligible to apply to ND Honor Society have received letters inviting them to apply. If interested in applying, see Mrs. Heyen for applications and teacher recommendation forms. Applications and forms are due March 30. Turn in completed applications to Mrs. Heyen.
The American Legion (Abercrombie, Galchutt, & Sons of the American Legion) will be having a meatball dinner on Sunday, March 20th at the Abercrombie Community Hall from 11 AM to 1:30 PM.
Free will offering.